Can't Connect To Internet With McAfee Firewall Set To Stealth

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Graystoke, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Never mind. I got it working like it supposed to again. :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  2. rhuds13

rhuds13 Registered Member

How? The reason I gave up on McAfee Suite from Comcast was that in Stealth mode could not get pages to load online. If is easy fix would really like to know

3. Graystoke

I was using the free McAfee Suite from Comcast also. Unfortunately, I jumped to conclusions. I had it set to tight, and while playing around with it, I set it to stealth, but forgot to click apply. When I clicked apply to activate the stealth mode, no internet connection again.

I contacted McAfee live chat. I was told that stealth mode blocks all incoming traffic, and that I should keep the default settings. When I told him I've had the firewall set to stealth in a previous install, and had no problems with internet connection, he had no answer.

I have a post in the McAfee forum. I've gotten a couple of replies, but with no suggestions on how to fix this problem.

I have now uninstalled McAfee. If someone in the McAfee forum has a solution, I will let you know. I'm not holding my breath though. ;) :p

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I am sorry I can not offer you help, but I can tell you this. I started with default settings. Then moved it up to tight. Ran that way for a while then ran it up to stealth. NO ISSUES! McAfee Support is wrong!!:thumbd:

I am on PC1 now!

5. Graystoke

Hi mercurie. I know those guys are wrong, because I've run it in stealth mode before. I just don't know why I'm having this problem this time around. I don't have McAfee installed at this time, but maybe I'll install it again later today, and give your way a try.

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Try to clean up a little before reloading. I do this between each new security app. You may already do this maybe even better then me. I offer it as a suggestion. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.