Can't configure firewall on ESSV4 with Newsleecher

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dm0000, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dm0000

dm0000 Registered Member

I'm trying to configure the ESSV4 firewall to work with Newsleecher on Vista Home Premium.

I tried initially doing it in interactive mode, but this only prompted me for the port 80 connection, and blocked all NNTP connections on port 119

So in the zones and rules section, I setup the firewall to allow TCP/UDP in and out on ports 80 and 119 for Newsleecher, but still port 119 is getting blocked in both directions by the IDS, and Newsleecher's Supersearch feature won't work because of it.

How do I set this up please ?

2. MathewG

MathewG Former ESET Support Rep

Hello dm0000,

You may want to try to use your Newsleecher on a different port, other than port 119. After doing some research on the net, I have located a thread on Newsleecher's website that may help with this issue. After selecting another port you can set-up the ESET Smart Security firewall the same way you did for allowing 2-way communication on port 80. The link to the thread I found is located below:

http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19468&highlight=ports

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.