Can't Clone to a Larger Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by capatt, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capatt

capatt Registered Member

Hello
    I have a netbook with two SSDs (eee 901). I'd like to clone C: to D:, which is larger and faster, and render the old drive invisible. Anyway Acronis 11 won't let me clone to the larger drive for two reasons:

1. The disk has errors (it doesn't)

2. The destination is too small (it isn't).

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Have you tried this when booted from the TI Rescue CD? Once you perform the clone, be sure and remove or disconnect one drive before the first boot following the clone.

3. mojonba

mojonba Registered Member

im having the same problem with both windows versions and bootable version. my source disk is 500gb and my destination is 1.5tb and i have just did a chkdsk on all partitions and no go. any ideas?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello capatt and mojonba,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8101) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support or use our Live Chat service. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.