Can't clone my IDE to SATA using ATI Ver 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by krgifford, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krgifford

krgifford Registered Member

I'm running XP Pro SP2 on a 120GB IDE drive, and I want to clone it to a new 160GB SATA drive on a ASUS A8N-E mobo that has nVIDIA4 chipset. I do not have any RAID, but I do intend to go to that later.

The IDE master drive has a primary partition (FAT32) containing Drive C: , and extended partition (FAT32) that contains three logical drives, and one hidden partition used for backups.

I have created a bootable Rescue CDROM disk, and I booted from it. I'm able to see my IDE master drive, and my new SATA drive. I was able to select them as source & destination drives. I chose to keep data on IDE master. I chose Manual cloning to specify partition sizes. Then I proceeded to set partitions sizes. Then I proceeded to have the cloning started. The next screen appeared to show progress of the first procedure (copy C: partition to new SATA drive), and nothing would appear in either progress status bars. The HD light on computer was a steady on with no flickering, and I waited about 2-3 minutes. When I saw that nothing was happening, I cancelled the whole cloning process. Neither progress bar showed any activity at all.

I did this cloning process a second time and got the same results.

What is preventing the first cloning procedure to start?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello krgifford,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Please also try waiting a bit longer (15-30 minutes) at the progress screen.

Please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep the drives in question connected and powered on during creation.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

As for transferring your operating system from IDE to SATA hard drives, you will most likely find this article useful.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.