Cant clean virus (trial version)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jaspov, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaspov

jaspov Guest

I just installed the NOD32 trial version. After checking it was up to date I did a full system scan and NOD32 found a virus inside a zipfile: win32/revell.110 trojan.

The problem is, that although I selected "scan and clean", I get a popup with only one action: leave. All other options (clean, delete, etc) are greyed out.

Ofcourse I can manually delete the file, but I would like my virusscanner to be able to clean (if possible) or delete. I checked settings with the thread here and I think they are correct. Actions for files and archive in the NOD32 module are set to "prompt for action". The entire column under ïf cleaning cannot be performed"is also greyed out.

Could this be a trial limitation? The site mentions the trial is fully functional though.

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Nope we all have to live with that limitation.
    However you can set the option to automatically delete infected archives.
    Just be aware that the entire archive will be deleted, so it's a good idea to tick 'copy to quarantine'.

Hope it helps.

3. jaspov

jaspov Guest

Thanks, but I dont fully understand. The buttons are there, but they are grey/unselectable. Are you saying they work for noone? then why are they there?

Or is it a trial limitation? Or just for archive files?

4. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Yes, NOD32 cannot manipulate with archive files...

5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Here this is what I mean:

Attached Files:

6. Jaspov

Jaspov Guest

Thanks, I get it. manually removed it.

regards

7. jaspov

jaspov Guest

although I still think it is strange that I can set DELETE to be default, but delete is not available when I select "prompt user". It is the same action.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's for safety reasons.

9. pepito

pepito Registered Member

Shouldn't that be the other way around then? ie. you shouldnt be able to set delete as a default action but ok to delete after prompting.

Similar to the OP I often get this sort of thing:

As you can see the only is to Leave and way that I can see that I can delete the infection from NOD32.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.