Can't change usbmouse=off acpi=off etc.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dbknox, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

When I hit the F11 key before choosing safe,full,or windows on my rescue CD, I see a place where it looks like I can type new commands, but my keyboard doesn't seem to work in this window. It does work, however, in the safe or full modes, I can scroll up or down with the arrow keys,tab or "enter" in these windows but not in the F11 window.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you using a USB keyboard?

What is your computer?

3. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Sorry jmk94903, I know better, should have listed everything on the original post. I am using True Image version 9 build 3677
    I use just an old fashioned serial port for my keyboard. Here is the rest of my compuer statistics ( please don't tell me I have to get XP)

Windows 98 SE (build 4.10.2222)
    1.73 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A7V8X-X REV 1.xx
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS A7V8X-X ACPI BIOS Revision 1006 08/06/2003
    1022 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DDR 1' has 512 MB
    Slot 'DDR 2' has 512 MB
    Slot 'DDR 3' is Empty
    c: (on drive 0) 81.94 GB 72.44 GB free
    d: (on drive 1) 17.33 GB 12.75 GB free
    AOPEN DUW1608/ARR [CD-ROM drive]
    HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B [CD-ROM drive]
    Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

FUJITSU MPE3173AE [Hard drive] (17.34 GB) -- drive 1, s/n 05003734, rev EE-C0-23, SMART Status: Healthy
    Maxtor 6Y080L0 [Hard drive] (81.96 GB) -- drive 0, s/n Y25MR8CE, rev YAR41BW0, SMART Status: Healthy

4. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

After posting my computer stats I became curious. I started wondering what the computer is would make a difference when I am running from the Acronis loader. Is that not a Linux based operating system all it's own?
    Does it make a difference or am I missimg something? Other then the keyboard,mouse, drivers etc. I would have thought not, I am a newbie and the more I can learn the better.

5. jmk94903

Since you are working from the TI Recovery CD which is a Linux environment, it doesn't matter whether you have Windows 98 or XP installed on your hard drive.

I had expected this to be a USB keyboard problem, but you are using a PS/2 keyboard which should work.

When you click on the line to enter text on the F11 screen, do you see the cursor blinking on that line?

6. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

thanks again jmk94903, after your question When you click on the line to enter text on the F11 screen, do you see the cursor blinking on that line?
    I thought you meant with the mouse and I hadn't tried that. Then when I got to the F11 window I realized that was the whole point I couldn't use my HP mouse. But seeing I was at that spot I tried a few keys to see if I can do anything. Nothing worked until I hit the "tab" key then the "quiet" was highlighted I then tried hitting the right arrow key and the cursor started flashing and I was in business. I had been using an old optical "logitech" mouse plugged in to one of the side usb ports when using my rescue disk and it is in pretty sad shape. With the mouse=off command my "HP" usb mouse plugged in the back worked beautifully. Thank-you for you help.

7. jmk94903

The solution was more good detective work on your part than my help, but thank you for the credit. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.