Can't cancel acronis 11 restore process---keeps looping

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by whomichaelwho, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whomichaelwho

whomichaelwho Registered Member

The worst part is....if I hit cancel it asks me if I am sure and I click yes. Then
    it doesn't cancel and then if I reboot it goes through the process again. I can't get out of the attempted restore and into windows.

My main concern at this time is to cancel the Acronis restore process.

Acronis 11 won't restore from external hard drive. It just sits there, then I hear action from my external, then it says analizing D drive (my external is f drive) then it reboots and does the same thing.

I had previously restored my system back to the default state using my laptop recovery disk, installed acronis and then attempted to restore. I have done this before with Acronis 10 and it worked perfectly (different External Hard drive).

Any help appreciated

Mike

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you tried Ctrl-Alt-Del to end the Acronis program? You can always just turn off your computer and reboot to stop this sort of problem.

When you restore the boot partition, TI has to reboot into the Linux recovery environment. Sometimes the Linux drivers don't work with a particular system and various problems result, such as rebooting.

Have you created a TI 11 Rescue CD? Can you boot from that and see both your internal hard drive and your external drive? If so, use that to restore your system.

Do you still have the TI 10 rescue CD? Can you boot from that and restore the system? Some sytstems that were supported by version 10 are not supported by version 11.

3. whomichaelwho

whomichaelwho Registered Member

thanks John for your reply.

Unfortunately Ctrl-Alt-Del has no effect and when I turn off the computer and reboot it just keeps going into the TI restore process. I can't get back into windows. Once I get there I will create a boot disk etc.

:doubt:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello whomichaelwho,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat

Describe the issue and provide serial number for the product then you will be provided with ISO image of Acronis True Image 11 Home, which you can use to create bootable disc.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.