Can't bypass os Selector 8 on boot

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by brewster, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brewster

brewster Registered Member

I just need to bypass the darn thing and I can't at bootup. Is there a key combo that can bypass with?

I only have one OS installed at the moment. (Win XP Pro SP 2) This piece of software is more hassle than it's worth.

2. brewster

Now it's even worse: I come to a screen that say's to reinstall Acronis OS Selector 8 and my only option is to click ok. That in turn shuts the computer down. No other choice.

3. brewster

Now it blew my c drive away. Great.

4. kite

kite Guest

just start the microsoft recovery console from the windows xp setup disc and run the fixmbr command. that should restore the master boot record and wipe out the acronis os-selector.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brewster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please use the following way to fix MBR:

Please insert a diskette into the floppy drive and run the file available by the link below:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/mbrautowrite_en.exe

Once the floppy is written, boot the computer from it and confirm that you want to fix the master boot record.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.