Can't boot with the boot disc!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ablib, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ablib

ablib Registered Member

Ok call me stupid but I just don't get disc imaging.

I made an image of a hard disk to 2 700 MB discs. I created a boot disc. I booted the PC with this boot disc.

Now all i get is

Loading please wait....

then

Waiting for enter to start '/bin/sh' (pid 58, terminal /dev/tty1)

Please press enter to activate this console.

I press enter - then:

BusyBox v0.60.5 (2005.02.02-17:59+0000) Built-in shell (lash)
    Enter 'help for a list of built-in commands.

I press help and all I get is a list of commands that don't seem to do anything.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ablib,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

After that please create Acronis Bootable CD with the new build and try booting from it. If the problem remains please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and create the shots of the output displayed on the screen. Please send the shots to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. ablib

ablib Registered Member

The only bootable disc I know to make is bootable rescue media. How do I make a "Acronis bootable CD"? And when I do remove "quiet" and hit enter what does create the shots mean?

I have the most recent version.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Hello ablib,

To create Acronis Bootable Media and create Acronis Bootable CD is the same becuase in your case CD is the media which you want to use.

After you remove the "quiet" word you will see the output which we need to have to look at to solve the problem. Since the output is rather long it is more convinient to make a digital photo of it rather than to put it down manually.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. ablib

ablib Registered Member

It's more than 1 screen shot of information. Do you just want an image from the end?

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Use Shift+Page Up and Shift+Page Down to scroll through the screens manually.

Regards

7. UncleM

UncleM Registered Member

I have the same problem as ablib....

Using Build 796 to create an Acronis Bootable CD does not produce a workable CD.
    I am using Windows XP SP2 with all the available updates.

I am sending 2 screenshots (Digital Camera) directly to support

Attached Files:

8. ablib

ablib Registered Member

Good deal. When you get some results let me know. As I don't have a digital camera to send the images.

I can't believe Acronis can be this difficult. :'(

9. Acronis Support

Hello ablib,

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Also please issue the following command:

cat /proc/fb

and put down the output (if any).

Please send the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette and the output from the command to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. brassflutes

brassflutes Registered Member

My workaround for this error and the reboot error was to insert a
    different AGP video card and then you are back in business.
    I work with a lot of older HP Vectra machines with Intel 810 / 815 chip sets
    and all present the same problem.
    Clumsy, but usually when faced with total disaster some creative workarounds
    become necessary.

11. pvdm

pvdm Guest

Hi,

I have a similar problem on HP e-PC, all with Intel i810 chipsets.

At first, I made an ATI boot CD, with the previous build. This boot CD worked on all my HP e-PC's.

When I couldn't boot with this ATI bood CD version on another PC with an Nforce2 chipset, I upgraded to the latest build 796, and made a new ATI bood CD. This worked on the Nforce based PC's, but booting with this new ATI boot CD based on build 796 on HP e-PC's with the Intel i810 chipset is now impossible.

There must be something changed in build 796 that makes it impossible to boot on i810 chipsets? I am lucky I still have my 'older' version of AIT boot CD so I can still use it to boot ATI on those e-PC's, but it would be great if Acronics support could restore the functionality of booting correctly with a build 796 made boot CD?

Thanks in advance!

12. cmalberto

cmalberto Registered Member

Not sure if this thread is dead in favor of another one...but I have the same problem with this build. I have downloaded this one today. However, the previous build 791 that I have Flash Drive built off of works fine.

So is there away that these guys can download previous "working" build and not just the latest.

Thanks.

13. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.