Cant boot into pc, Invalid boot sector error

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by duckbill, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckbill

duckbill Registered Member

I just installed windows 7 on one of my pcs and managed to follow the procedure on here to get fdisr installed but after restarting the pc i get this message every time: Invalid boot sector - First-Defense-ISR - Error.

Is there anyway i can fix the boot file and get into windows and how do i go about making sure it doesnt happen again, have installed it before but cant remeber what i did last time.

Update: manage to reset mbr using emergency boot cd but still not sure how to fix mbr so that fdisr works.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Did you followed the guide FD-ISR and Windows 7?

You are not using diskeeper 2010, right?

Panagiotis

3. duckbill

duckbill Registered Member

I,m know getting no boot partiton found error whenever i boot up and am having to resort to the recovery disk to boot up, even with fdisr boot diasbled.

I got somewhat same setup on my other pc, can i just copy the bootconfig file
    over?

ps:
    I dont have diskeeper just paragon partion manager which i used.

I followed the guide, the only think i was having trouble with was the bootsect.exe command, but since i managed to get fdisr installed i assumed it worked. Would that be the cause?

4. osip

osip Registered Member

If you're using a pirated win7 with one of the win7 loaders floating around then it could be the cause...A friend of mine couldn't use FDISR or FDR at all with that kind of a setup.

5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

for me i cant axx the f1 at boot , its says "cache full".

using VM on a just installed os (win7x32)

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

be advised also that if you want to uninstall FDISR from windows 7 after changing the boot srctor, you wont be able to. the $FDISR folder in C:\Program files is locked and cant be deleted, which means your stuck with whatever space FDISR took to make the copy snapshot even though you uninstalled it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.