Can't boot Acronis True Image 10 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Arcenon, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcenon

Arcenon Registered Member

Hello,

Could anyone help me solve this problem: I made a image of my pc and put it on a CD. It doesn't work on this computer, but on the other computer it does work.
    Does it maybe got something to do with my motherboard or harddisk?
    This is my setup:

Motherboard: MSI P35 Platinum
    Processor: Intel core 2 duo E6600
    Memory: 4gb
    Videocard: Nvidia 8800GTS
    Harddisk: Western Digital 400GB SATA300 16MB, WD4000KS

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

What do you mean by "It doesn't work on this computer, but on the other computer it does work"? An Image is just a file. In what way do you want it to work? An Image has to go through the Recover process before it becomes bootable like the original. Is this what you're not getting it to do?

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Do you mean that you made a Recovery CD?

Unless you are running Windows 98, an image of your system wouldn't fit on a CD.

What do you see when you try the CD?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Arcenon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that DwnNdrty and jmk94903 are correct. Please clarify, are you referencing to Acronis Bootable Rescue Media? Please see the respective User's Guide for details.

If yes, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the issue persists, please clarify, are there any error messages? When exactly do they appear? What exactly do they say?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Arcenon

I made a boot disk with Acronis, and I have set in the bios that it checks my dvd drive first when it boots. When the disk is in it only say a blackscreen with: Starting Acronis loader..... and it does nothing.

6. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Ah ... so it is the Bootable CD that you made and which wouldn't boot all the way to the menu, but it is booting partially, so the Bios is set correctly. Try removing all usb devices temporarily. Also if you're using a wireless keyboard and/or mouse that may be the cause.

7. Arcenon

Ok I will try to boot it without any USB device, and btw yes I use a wireless keyboard and mouse.

8. Arcenon

Too bad, I plugged out all USB devices and even my ethernet cable but it didn't bother :( And I used a mouse and a keyboard with those old green and purple plugins.
    It still stops on the: Starting Acronis Loader screen :(

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Arcenon,

In this case could you please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Aleksandr Isakov. Attach the link to this thread and information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, serial number etc.). I will provide you with ISO Image of Acronis True Image Bootable CD, which based on another loader.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.