Can't backup to NAS using FTP backup location

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Slaycock, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slaycock

Slaycock Registered Member

I have a NAS based on the excellent FreeNas. Like others in this forum I have been unable to schedule unattended backups (tasks) to the NAS server.

I am using TO 10 release 4942

I am using an FTP backup location e.g. ftp://192.168.2.15/Backup500/FTPBackups.
    where

192.168.2.15 is the IP of my NAS (I've also tried with the name freenas rather than the IP with the same results)
    Backup500 is the mounted disk
    FTPBackups is a directory on Backup500

The PC I am trying to backup from is running XP SP2.

Things I have noticed when using tasks

1. If I edit the task that does the backup to an FTP backup location I am told that TI cannot find the path to the ftp directory and I should edit the task. But there are no problems selecting this FTP directory whilst setting up the task.

2. If I try alternative backup locations using mapped drives when I run the task manually there is a "cannot open or write to file error".

Both 1 and 2 will work fine if I do a manual backup (as opposed to manually running a scheduled task)

3. If I try to select my target backup directory through "Network Places" I can get to my workgroup but am then told that I do not have access priveledges for computers within that workgroup.

I hope this sheds some further light on the issues relating to problems with scheduled tasks and ftp backups.

Regards

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.