Cant Backup To DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pop pop, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pop pop

pop pop Registered Member

I have True Image 9.0. I want to image my boot drive, a 74Gb Raptor (34Gb full) to DVDs. I know you have to have packet writing software too, I have Nero 7.0. True Image seems to do nothing after asking for a blank "CD" (even though the drive is a DVDRW.

Any suggestions?

If I make the image on a separate hard drive and then use Nero to burn the files to DVD, would that work? How do I get TI to limit the file size to 4Gb or so?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello pop pop,

You don't say which build of TI 9 you are using. From build 3625 onwards, TI is able to image direct to DVD media (ignore the fact that your drive/media is reported as CD) without the aid of 3rd-party UDF packet writing software.

Therefore, depending on which build you are using, some of the answers to your questions will differ.

Regards

Menorcaman

3. pop pop

Build 2337. So how do I update within version 9.0? I don't really want to move to the latest (V11.0). And I hope updates within the version are free.

Thanks

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, you can make a backup split into sizes you choose then burn those splits to dvd afterwards. This is called the 2-step proceedure. Many here who use this method choose a split size of 1492mb. Three of these fit nicely on a dvd with very little waste of space.
    To do the split, look carefully at each window that comes up during the Backup making process. The feature is in there among other options like compression.

5. Menorcaman

Yes, updates within a version are free. Follow the instructions at the beginning of the Acronis Support sticky titled Please Read Before You Post in order to download the latest build (3854).

Regards

Menorcaman

6. pop pop

I just wanted to pass along some good stuff...

All of the software on my systems is purchased or free. In my quest to back up my HDD, I found that my version/build of Acronis True Image would not write to DVD. I was told I needed to update the build. My original purchase was for version 8, which I registered. I upgraded to version 9 later online and failed to register. Update within versions are free. Since I did not register V9, I could not update. I also did not have the key for V9, but did have it for V8. I contacted Acronis online, gave them all my info and they sent me they V9 key and instructions for updating.

That's good business.

BTW--I am not affiliated in any way with Acronis.

Thanks to all

7. Menorcaman

Good to hear pop pop. :thumb:

Regards

Menorcaman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.