Can't backup Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by clarer1, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarer1

clarer1 Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image 10 Home on Windows XP and am trying to set up backup routines. I've been able to do a "Data" backup for My Documents but I can't get an "Email" backup to run. I tick the box for Outlook and the backup begins but then fails: one of the Windows dialogues pops up that says Windows has had to close a programme and sends a report to Microsoft. No actual error message from ATI. A .tib file does appear on my DVD but is a lot smaller than my .pst file so I don't know if it is complete or not.

How can I backup Outlook 2007 reliably?

Ideally, I'd like to set up one scheduled differential backup that has:
    - all My Documents except My Pictures & My Music (I'll back those up separately)
    - Outlook data and settings, account details and so on
    - Settings for programmes that it might be fiddly to have to redo if I ever need to restore. (Does this include templates I make such as in Office?)

If it can't all be in one backup shedule, then I'd cope with 3 schedules. But somehow I need the important Outlook 2007 data and settings in there.

Does anyone know why Outlook backup doesn't seem to be completing and how I can set up my backup?

Thank you for your help.

2. bmiller

bmiller Registered Member

Did you close Outlook before running the backup? Outlook needs to be closed before you can back up the .pst file.

3. clarer1

clarer1 Registered Member

Yes, Outlook was closed. I tried closing everything, shutting down then restarting Windows and running the backup. Still no go.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello clarer1,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Do you use the latest build of the program (4942). Check it in Help-> About, if it’s not download the latest build from your account. Can you please attach error log file?

Does you Outlook pst file larger then 500Gb? Find out the size of the Outlook.pst file by browsing to where it is located:

• Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\[user_account_name]\Local Settings\Applications Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    • Windows Vista
    C:\Users\[user_account_name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Finally download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and see if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.