can't authenticate with share over remote agent

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mindaugas, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindaugas

mindaugas Registered Member

I have the remote agent installed, I can connect to the server through the management console, but I cannot connect to the share through the console, although I can connect to the share through remote desktop with the same user. Every time I select it asks for a username and password, even after entering the correct one it still cannot connect. Do I need to change the user that the agent's service uses to login with?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mindaugas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (1206) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (1206) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows then please collect the following information:

- What exactly do you mean when saying that you "cannot connect to the share through the console"?

- When exactly the program asks you for the login and password?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both machines: computer with Acronis Management Console installed and computer with Acronis Agent installed. Rename them to report_agent.txt, sysinfo_agent.NFO and report_console.txt, sysinfo_console.NFO accordingly.

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.