Cant access raid hd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mullfitz, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mullfitz

mullfitz Registered Member

I have lost the boot file on my server but when I go into Windows recovery I see all the files through DOS.

My question is if I put the Acronis cd in ,can I back up the files to a usb(I really only want a DB structure file from the hd) is that possible?

Or do I need to have a fuly functional windows OS on that Drive to boot from the cd?

Sorry if it seems a stupid question

2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

the boot cd will bootup your computer, from there it will analyze all available partitions on the hard drive and give you an option of backing up each partition.

Windows doesn't have to be fully functional in order for it to be backup with the boot cd.

If th hard drive has some sort of corruption problem, it might be a good idea to do a chkdsk on it if true image has problems backing up that partition..

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mullfitz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Actually, booting your computer when the installed operating system doesn't boot is the main purpose of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media. It uses Linux environment to access the computer's hardware, and provides nearly all functions available in Windows part of the program. Please see this Acronis KB article for detailed information on Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.