Can't access hotmail

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by petrik, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petrik

petrik Registered Member

I have just upgraded from nod32 v2.7 to nod32 v3.0.642.0.
    I can't access the hotmail login page. All I get when I click on the hotmail link in msn.com is a blank page.
    I have tried adding *.live.com to the HTTP excluded addresses list but this doesn't help.
    If I disable web access protection for ie7 in nod32, hotmail functions normally. All other nod32 settings are at default levels.
    I am running XP Pro SP2 and ZoneAlarm Pro.
    I have had similar problems with all the previous nod32 v3.0 incarnations but never any problems with v2.7.
    Any thoughts?
    Many thanks for your help.

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

I had exactly the same issue when I was running ZoneAlarm Pro. The only ways around this were to either disable the privacy settings in ZAPro or temporarily put an 'x' in Nods web access protection setting for Internet Explorer.

3. viruscraft

viruscraft Registered Member

It may cause by the compatibility issues of ZA and EAV.

I suggest you to make some changes according to above tips.

4. petrik

petrik Registered Member

Thank you for the advice.
    Currently I have just put a 'x' in nod32's web access protection setting for internet explorer. This seems to work OK.
    I am not keen on disabling Zone Alarm Pro's privacy settings. I know I can mimic these settings in ie7 using the security zones and some simple xml for the privacy settings. However, using Zone Alarm Pro is a lot easier.
    I did read somewhere about using Zone Alarm Pro's more advanced settings to get round this web access problem but can't remember where. I shall have to go searching again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.