Can't access Google

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by sauron_stomp, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sauron_stomp

sauron_stomp Registered Member

Please help with any ideas. I loaded both MRU Blaster and Spybot. Everything was working great. I had a system freeze, who knows why and then some network settings got screwed up. Basically, something hosed my ability to surf though I could use the internal network. I managed to get surfing again but realized something now blocks my ability to go to Google and Altavista. I don't know what it could be so I have uninstalled MRU Blaster and Spybot. My host and lmhost files are clean. I reinstalled IE6 sp1 and set all settings to default. Does anyone know where else to look fo blocking that is happening?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

When you attempt to goto http://www.google.com/ where do you end up? Or, do you get a standard browser error message instead of reaching any search site?

Just to be sure what you are saying, you can get to most other sites just fine and so far the only sites you've found to be a problem are those two search sites, right?

Since it effects search sites, it could be a browser hijack at the root of this problem. Even if it isn't, a log of your startups and processes would help lead us to resolution, so please post a HijackThis log here...

I'll move this thread over to the privacy problems section in a little while so it can get better attention on the current problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.