Can't access "dead" computer to remove Eset

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by marti, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marti

marti Registered Member

Unusual situation here. I have a mostly dead laptop computer than won't boot most of the time. Today, it will start to boot and then turns off.

I have two licenses for ESET Security Suite. One of them is installed on the mostly dead computer. I was able to install ESET Sec Suite on a new computer, but can't update it, as ESET knows I have two installations already.

As I can't remove ESET program from computer that won't boot, what can I do to get ESET to run on new computer?

If I knew how to remove the hard drive from the mostly dead laptop computer. and knew how to hook it up as a slave drive on another computer, I could remove ESET.

Suggestions? Solutions?

thanks,
    marti

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what happens when you try and update it, any error messages?

3. marti

marti Registered Member

No error message. Program will not update to current AV files.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's not a problem to leave ESET on the computer that cannot boot. If you're having a problem updating ESS on the new computer, what exactly happens when you run an update manually? Do you see a progress bar indicating downloading files? Is something logged in the ESET event log?

5. marti

marti Registered Member

Good Morning, Marcos. This morning NOD32 was updated after I turned the new machine on. All is well! Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.