CannotReinstall Windows

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mario, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario

Mario Guest

Attempting to reinstall Windows98se on same machine. Have used Format Disk from command line, everything works up until entering Product Key which is unrecognized. Only able to access system bios before startup, is there an override to reset original product ID that was written down prior to ID Blaster use? Cannot access desktop, stuck in install mode. Thanx.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: Cannor Reinstall Windows

Without assuming wrongly....are you saying you formatted your hard drive ?

If so....there is nothing left to retrieve....not just ID-blaster stuff....nothing :doubt:

3. Mario

Mario Guest

Re: Cannot Reinstall Windows

Yes, system was fomatted in an attempt to start from scratch :(

Yet everything seems working up to the point of entering the product key.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: Cannor Reinstall Windows

Mario....I'm sorry to say you are up a creek without a paddle....unless you can find the CD holder that Win98 SE came in....which would have the info you need....or....you wrote that information down somewhere ?

Unless there is something I am missing....I am going to move your thread out of the ID-blaster Forum....since it can't help you after a format. I'll move it to a more appropriate Forum after I know you have read this.

Regards,
    Bubba

5. Mario

Mario Guest

Re: Cannot Reinstall Windows

Thank you for your rapid resonse. Yes, all infos were written down as prompted by ID Blaster install;

1)PC98se
    2)Product ID #
    3)Product Key #
    4)Product Type

I understand your decision to move form as this may not be IDBlaster relevant, yet as posted in another Wilders Security thread it states "Be advised that these numbers may be needed for system upgrades or re-installations. Use with caution!"

So anyway, any advice appreciated. Thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.