Cannot Update

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Boris, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris

Boris Registered Member

I have just installed the newest SpyWareBlaster, but am not able to update it. Is there a problem with the server atm?

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hey boris,

sorry for the previous post . that was meant for spyware guard so deleted that.

lets see whether this help you

simply download the following four files and overwrite the ones currently in your SpywareBlaster directory (C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster by default):

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster/sbdatabase.dtb
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster/sbdatabase2.dtb
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster/sbinfo.dtb
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster/ckdatabase.dtb

thx

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Just in case subratam misread your question (never happens, right? ;) ) -- you did ask about Blaster, not Guard, right?

Are you simply getting a "no updates available"? Or are you actually getting something indicating you can't connect?

What's showing when you open Blaster? Current definitions should be showing as 1/26/04 -- if that's what you've got, then you're fine.

Best,
    Mike

(Edit) Sorry, sub, you got your correction posted before I did. Lightning-fingers, huh? :D

4. subratam

:D got to be quick... or else you get caught both ways( get it ?? :D :D )

5. Boris

Boris Registered Member

Yes, Blaster 2.6.1. The database is dated to 9/9/03
    It's telling me that either the server is down, or firewall problem, which I've never had with any software, or files corrupted.

I have downloaded and replaced the files. Nothing has changed.

6. subratam

you downloaded the database files and replaced with the present ones?? nothing changed.... !!!

maybe wait for some experts to help you out pretty soon

thx

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

That's odd. Did you try exiting and re-opening SpywareBlaster?

If yes, could you try restarting your computer to see if SpywareBlaster recognizes the new files?

Thanks,

-Javacool

8. Boris

Boris Registered Member

I rebotted. The database is now dated to 1/26/04. That's good.

I still have that problem with updating, though. I havr received again an error that appeared last time before the message from SpyWareBlaster.

The error is as follows:

IAMAPP.EXE - Application Error
    The intruction at "0x77e7650d" referenced memory at "0x00000028". The memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program
    Click CANCEL to debug the program

I did OK. This might not be directly related with SpyWareBlaster, as it seems, but could you offer advice on what to do about this error?

thx

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Now that's interesting (and exactly the kind of information I need). :)

A few more questions:

1.) What version of Windows are you running?
    2.) Do you have either AtGuard or Norton Personal Firewall installed, and if so, what version?

That file, I believe, is part of either AtGuard and/or Norton Personal Firewall.

Best regards,

-Javacool

10. Boris

Boris Registered Member

Windows XP Pro SP1
    Norton Personal FireWall (and also AntiVirus) 2002

I hope I don't give you false hope by telling you this. False hope that is by making you think that is necessarily the problem, but there's something that is probably relevant you should know. Not too long ago, I used RegSupreme (http://www.webmasterfree.com/regcleaner.html) and cleaned out some "obsolete" registry keys. I trust it couldn't have deleted something so essential. The problems it finds are if a key points to something that doesn't exist.

Also, and I think very related to this problem, the firewall sometimes just crashes. I mean, it just disappears from the systray, and I have to re-enable it. Happened today after I got the same IAMPP.EXE error but after installing fist time loading of the Azureus BitTorrent software.

11. Boris

Boris Registered Member

Right...I'm never using reg cleaners again.

I restored everything RegSupreme got rid of, and now SpyWareBlaster is able actually to finish the update search.

12. garyoak99

garyoak99 Registered Member

I am also getting
    I re-start SpywareBlaster and it has the same error. I am using Windows XP Professional Edition SP1 and ZoneAlarm Firewall. I have never ever even heard of RegSupreme.

The only thing that happened strangely these past few days is my mom just shut down Win XP by pushing the power switch! When I started up my PC, Win XP loaded up that weird blue screen, scanning the entire hard drive and "fixing a lot of weird files." All I know is this entire process of Win XP scanning and "fixing these files" is that it took a half hour to do it all, and it wasn't at all necessary...

Any idea what could be causing Spyware Blaster to not update?

13. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

REMOVED: Re:Cannot Update

REMOVED

Continue here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=21029

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.