cannot update spyware blaster!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by girlgrg, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girlgrg

girlgrg Registered Member

hii...
    i used to be able to update spyware.. but it's been a few days that i haven't been able to update it!

could anyone help please??

thanks

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

can u give us a few more details? What exactuly happens when u attempt to update SWB?

snowbound

3. girlgrg

girlgrg Registered Member

whenever i look for updates, i get an error message saying
    "cannot establish a connection to download.
    please check your internet connection and try again."

but everythin is working fine for my internet... i used to be able to download updates like a week or so ago.. but it's been a few days since i've had this problem.
    i'm also having problems updating spybot-s&d and spyware doctor but i can update malware bytes, superantispyware and norton antivirus perfectly...

please help! o_O

4. JoeCanuck

JoeCanuck Registered Member

I also cannot update Spywareblaster. I have auto update but that doesn't seem to be working. When I attempt to update manually, it seems to download all the files, then I get this message;

Error Downloading Updates

There was an error downloading the database files. At least one of the files is corrupted. It is highly recommended that you Check for Updates again.

This process repeats itself every time I attempt to update.

I also was having problems updating my spybot s&d. Finally, I got the spybot update files from MajorGeeks.com and they seem to install. I'll do a scan with Spybot to see what it catches.

I suspect there is something infecting my computer. I did an online scan with Trend Micro and it detected something but didn't display what it was. AVG and Windows defender don't seem to be finding anything.

I run a XP home, updated with all the service packs.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

My apologies for the delay.

I double-checked the updating servers, and I'm fairly certain that they are not the cause.

Unfortunately, being unable to update multiple different anti-malware utilities is a frequent byproduct of an infection. (It can also be caused by misbehaving security utilities, especially firewalls, or ISP/configuration errors. But if the only programs that are having trouble accessing the Internet are security or privacy utilities, your system may have encountered an unwanted intruder.)

The best first-steps I would recommend would be to scan with a number of different, trusted anti-virus, anti-malware, and other cleanup tools. If you still encounter trouble updating multiple security products, you might also try posting a HijackThis log over at the SpywareInfo Forums.

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. MichaelG

MichaelG Registered Member

Well im having the same problem ive made my own thread, so it would seem the update server is the culprit here.... the exact same error and there are in deed other threads with the same problem too.. I still cant update it says check internet connection..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.