Cannot uninstall TI8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paul humphreys, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul humphreys

paul humphreys Registered Member

I've been very frustrated since I upgraded to TI8-774, (from TI7 which worked perfectly), I've not got it working properly having tried it on 2 computers. Acronis Support have been less than helpful and I wrote a scathing post about the state of the company.

All that aside I decide to try again after retiring and having the time to reading lots of threads about my particular problems. The key seemed to be completely uninstall and reinstall cleanly. I cannot do that either through the control panel or the program itself. Each time I do it my computer shuts down and reboots.

Any ideas please? If the Acronis guy reads this can you let us know when a new build will be released that addresses all the bugs mentioned in this forum?

PS - Some of my faults are on one computer does not find hard drives, can't make a boot disk, (system just falls over). Second computer can't even make a full image, boot disk and can't uninstall the program. The 2 computers are dis-similar.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Have you read this <thread>? Turns out the problem was a program called CD Anywhere. Perhaps you have this or a similar application installed.

Regards

3. paul humphreys

Thanks for trying to help Menorcaman, (I was on the Island 20th September for a week at Arnel den Castel when the "wind was up"), anyway managed to get it uninstalled, removed all references from the registry. Reinstalled TI8-774 all to no avail! not only can I not make a boot disk I can't even make a full image...The program just shuts down!

This version has more bugs than a tramps underpants and Acronis Support DO NOT GIVE SUPPORT. I'm waiting from a reply from weeks ago.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Paul,

They don't call Menorca the "windy island" for nothing!! Still, hope you enjoyed your stay at Arenal d'en Castel.

You seem to have been very unlucky with your ugrade to TI 8 Build 774. I've had a few problems of my own during my journey from TI 6, through 7 to 8 build 774. However, give the guys at support@acronis.com their due, they've always managed to identify the problem and include a fix in later builds. Perhaps you shouldn't have written that scathing post? ;)

When looking for assistance on this forum, it always helps if you provide some info on your system (particularly the make and model of the drive controller chip(s)), whether you're operating in RAID mode or not, your installed O/S and what you were attempting to create the image on. This helps other users to better understand and analyse your problem.

Regards

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

6. paul humphreys

Hi There

Ticket Number [Acronis #150551 and my email address paul.humphreys@ntlworld.com. In passing I would say I have now tried TI8-774 on 3 machines and each displays various problems to the point where I have no confidence in this version at all. Funnily enough I have uninstalled it and tried to revert to TI7, with complete failure.

PS - For Menorcaman - We really enjoyed the Island and were not to put of by the "wind", and are thinking of returning again, possibly next autumn.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

I have found your request #150551. Why didn't you reply on my message sent Wed Oct 06?

Please contact support@acronis.com regarding the problem you have now and we will help you to resolve it.

Thank you.

8. paul humphreys

Hi Andrew,

Sorry somehow overlooked you response...Have sent reply now along with Acronis Report and Belarc profile report of my machine.

Look forward to hearing from you.

TIA - Paul Humphreys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.