Cannot submit False-Positive

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by siljaline, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Have file ostensibly being falsely flagged as Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent.QQC. When I attempt to move the item from Quarantine, it is deleted (re-flagged) and moved back to quarantine.

I would like to submit this F/P to ESET but cannot at this time.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what file is it, where is it located? Exclude temporarily from scanning that location. Restore the file and submit it

3. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

I would sooner not disclose what the file is, it is an *.exe file located in documents and settings under a Win XP Pro SP3 Machine fully patched | Browser IE8 | EAV current version | Various layered security countermeasures |

I will take it under advisement to exclude that directory in order to submit to ESET.

Location of suspect file:
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\siljaline\My Documents\.... Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent.QQC trojan - cleaned by deleting - quarantined
    Cheers, Cudni

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  4. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Just disable NOD32 move it back from Quarantine and ZIP up a copy with what ever ZIP program you use and use a password "infected" without the Quotes and send it to ESET!

TH

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

a quick search of ESET knowledge base gives

Submitting file from Quarantine If you have quarantined a suspicious file that was not detected by the program, or if a file was incorectly evaluated as infected ( e.g. , by heuristic analysis of the code) and subsequently quarantined , please send the file to ESET‘s Threat Lab. To submit a file from quarantine, right-click the file and select Submit file for analysis from the context menu.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1302471919389

6. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

We found out that action does not always work it's in one of the threads here! It's best to manually send the ZIPPED file to ESET samples@eset.com

TH

7. dzkid

dzkid Registered Member

I had the same problem today with an *.exe file ,but I deleted this file from quarantine ;then I performed a deep scan to my pc and no infection was found .
    could that be a false positive ?!

PS:I use Eset smart security 4

8. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

@Derek
    I've submitted the suspect file via ThreatSense as it was detected during a scheduled av scan, I await feedback from ESET.

Thanks for the tip, mate. Whatever else that has been suggested other than you and Cudni, I will ignore, as the user is ignored. :ouch:

9. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

You may be best served in starting a new topic although your issue may be similar.

Thanks !

10. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

I recommend sample@eset.sk. instead of sample@eset.com. I tried to sent those files to sample@eset.com last month and until today I still don't get any response yet.PM to Marcos but he never reply me.

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The files you submitted seem to be clean. Both email addresses work fine.

12. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Thanks for the reply but why ESET took so long to reply me?Even it is clean,ESET should inform me.

13. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Sometimes it's impossible to tell quickly if a file is malicious or benign and an in-depth analysis may take days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.