Cannot run external program task from scheduler

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Mikey2, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikey2

Mikey2 Registered Member

Window7 x64 (fully updated)
    NOD32 Antivirus 5 (version 5.2.9.1) Again fully updated.

When I create a new task in the scheduler that is set to "Run external application", I receive a strange error [?] when trying to run the task on-demand (i.e. I select "Run Now.")

I tried this with multiple different external applications, but each time I receive the following dialog box:

"A Program running on this computer is trying to display a message."

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/mikeyurkus/InteractiveServicesDetectionWithDetails.png

InteractiveServicesDetectionWithDetails.png

I can "View message" in which case my entire desktop disappears, and in low-res 256 color mode I see the application I was supposed to run. However, the only thing I can do is hit the "Return Now" button.

I am a software engineer with a lot of experience; I have never seen a dialog box/behavior like this. What is causing this? How can I correctly add a task to run an application?

I assume it has something to do with security; I have basically the default UAC settings. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks much in advance!

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

PM Sent - Please reply with requested info so we can expedite the resolution on this for you.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Applications launched via scheduler are run in the Local system account which probably accounts for the message you're seeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.