Cannot right-click or open SmartSecurity from the tray icon

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JimpsEd, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimpsEd

JimpsEd Registered Member

As the title really; all up to date, running Vista Ultimate x64. Nothing happens.

2. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Please confirm that on the Purchased Software Download page you Clk'd the very last line on the page (64 bit) - which almost qualifies as "barely noticeable".

I've seen Vista Ultimate posts that things are operating OK and others with definite problems beyond "won't open". Were it me, I'd Uninstall and Delete Explorer and Registry folders and start over - just to see what happens. Vista problems don't get the best help here but hopefully someone can assist you. I presume you have Administrator rights and all that Vista stuff I'm not up on.

If you decide to Re-install here's what I copied for Deletes after Control panel Add/Delete occurs:
    Delete for Vista:
    - C:\Program files\ESET
    - C:\Program data\Eset
    - C:\Users\~username~\AppData\Local\Eset

Registry
    ·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eset
    ·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software \Eset
    [FONT=&quot]- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\egui (Clk Run to see egui)

[/FONT]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  3. JimpsEd

JimpsEd Registered Member

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. I can confirm I have the correct 64bit version.

Thank you for your suggestion too - however, I am afraid that this sort of thing has put me off purchasing for our office; I'll be going with another solution.

Sorry to waste your time :)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It'd be interesting to know what applications you have installed, perhaps a log from ESET SysInspector would shed more light. Frankly, you are the first person in the world to have reported such a problem so I assume it's not a problem of ESS itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.