cannot restore after move to version 10.2

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Anderson2, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anderson2

Anderson2 Registered Member

I upgraded from Paragon version 10 free to version 10.2 free. My backups are on an external USB hard drive. Version 10.2 can only see the backup it made. I would like to restore a previous version backed up by Paragon Backup 10.1, but the new 10.2 version cannot see the older backups. What to do?
    I'm in Windows 7 premium 64 bit.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

How do you mean it can't see them?

If you no longer have the archive database from the previous version - the new version won't automatically know where they are.

To populate the new database, click archive view, rt click and click add archive, and browse to the archive.

2010-05-11_193047 (Medium).jpg

Otherwise, fire up Restore Wizard, click "Switch to File View", browse the drive(s) to the archive and click on the .pbf

2010-05-11_193147 (Medium).jpg

2010-05-11_193238 (Medium).jpg

If you are using the boot cd, you need to browse for the archive anyway. ( Run it off now from within the Paragon program, if you haven't already) - click Tools > Recovery media builder in Paragon main window.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  3. Anderson2

Anderson2 Registered Member

Thank you. I did not know how to repopulate the database. Now, thanks to you, I do. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.