Cannot resize my partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Zorn, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorn

Zorn Registered Member

I'm using Disk Director Suite 10.0, and I'm trying to resize my primary 139GB partition to make a 25GB chunk at the end. Every time I do this, and click commit, it instructs me to reboot the computer. I do this, and when the computer reboots, before going into windows, it just restarts itself. After this second restart, I boot right into Windows, and the partition is not resized. It just does nothing at all.

Anyone know why this might be? I'm trying to make a new partition to install Vista on and I can't get it to do anything.

2. dleelew

dleelew Registered Member

I have the exact same problem. Anyone who has a solution I'd sure appreciate it.

3. Marcus Venturi

Marcus Venturi Registered Member

Same problem here!
    Wanted to install Vista RC1 on my PC. Therefore I tried to create a partition for it at the end of my system drive. After 2 reboots nothing has changed.

I bought Disk Director 2 hours ago just for this purpose and now it doesn't work :mad:

Hope this will be fixed soon...

4. Danprivate

Danprivate Registered Member

I was getting the same results as the OP and was able to workaround the issue working with Acronis Disk Director Suite (ADDS) prior to loading Windows as follows:

Step 1. Make sure your CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM) is higher than your harddrive group in your BIOS Boot Device Priority.​

Step 2. Insert your ADDS CD in the CD-ROM drive verified in Step 1.​

Step 3. Restart your computer. The ADDS CD will load. Select "Acronis Disk Director Full Version" from the menu option.​

Step 4. Perform your desired tasks. (Mine was to split my harddrive creating a new primary partition)​

Step 5. Once the operation is successful, select to start windows (bottom left of ADDS menu)​

Step 6. (optional) Once Windows loads, start your installed version of ADDS to perform additional tasks on your new partition. (I wanted to reassign the drive letter to V: and name the new partition "Vista Test Partition".​

Hope this helps. It worked for me!:D

5. TinBox

TinBox Registered Member

I had the same problem which appeared to be caused by a conflict with having Norton Systemworks installed. I removed it at the suggestion of Acronis support and all seems to be working well.

Mind you that was 5 months ago and I haven't been brave enough to re-install it...

Oh and using the CD to boot from seems to be the solution to a lot of weird problems - I'd highly recommend giving it a try - I am at this very moment.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  6. VictorianArtist

VictorianArtist Registered Member

that would be fine except when you do, if you have a tablet or wireless mouse it does not load drivers for those and your stuck with no way to fill in the boxes. Nothing I do helps that situation. I can navigate to the line, but cannot fill in the box by pushing enter or anything, it just stays status quo with the "next" grayed out. I cannot use this program at all unless I reformat my drive with a clean install. Sort of defeats the purpose of buying this program.

7. frustrated2today

frustrated2today Registered Member

It seems that there are a lot of people that are having the same problem and the same experience when they try the solutions that are offered. I for one have had the same results as Victorian Artist. I have tried the boot cd and I can not get my mouse to work. When will some one from acronis step up and address this commen problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.