Cannot resize my partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Zorn, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorn

Zorn Registered Member

I'm using Disk Director Suite 10.0, and I'm trying to resize my primary 139GB partition to make a 25GB chunk at the end. Every time I do this, and click commit, it instructs me to reboot the computer. I do this, and when the computer reboots, before going into windows, it just restarts itself. After this second restart, I boot right into Windows, and the partition is not resized. It just does nothing at all.

Anyone know why this might be? I'm trying to make a new partition to install Vista on and I can't get it to do anything.

2. dleelew

dleelew Registered Member

I have the exact same problem. Anyone who has a solution I'd sure appreciate it.

3. Marcus Venturi

Marcus Venturi Registered Member

Same problem here!
    Wanted to install Vista RC1 on my PC. Therefore I tried to create a partition for it at the end of my system drive. After 2 reboots nothing has changed.

I bought Disk Director 2 hours ago just for this purpose and now it doesn't work :mad:

Hope this will be fixed soon...

4. Danprivate

Danprivate Registered Member

I was getting the same results as the OP and was able to workaround the issue working with Acronis Disk Director Suite (ADDS) prior to loading Windows as follows:

Step 1. Make sure your CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM) is higher than your harddrive group in your BIOS Boot Device Priority.​

Step 2. Insert your ADDS CD in the CD-ROM drive verified in Step 1.​

Step 3. Restart your computer. The ADDS CD will load. Select "Acronis Disk Director Full Version" from the menu option.​

Step 4. Perform your desired tasks. (Mine was to split my harddrive creating a new primary partition)​

Step 5. Once the operation is successful, select to start windows (bottom left of ADDS menu)​

Step 6. (optional) Once Windows loads, start your installed version of ADDS to perform additional tasks on your new partition. (I wanted to reassign the drive letter to V: and name the new partition "Vista Test Partition".​

Hope this helps. It worked for me!:D

5. TinBox

TinBox Registered Member

I had the same problem which appeared to be caused by a conflict with having Norton Systemworks installed. I removed it at the suggestion of Acronis support and all seems to be working well.

Mind you that was 5 months ago and I haven't been brave enough to re-install it...

Oh and using the CD to boot from seems to be the solution to a lot of weird problems - I'd highly recommend giving it a try - I am at this very moment.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  6. VictorianArtist

VictorianArtist Registered Member

that would be fine except when you do, if you have a tablet or wireless mouse it does not load drivers for those and your stuck with no way to fill in the boxes. Nothing I do helps that situation. I can navigate to the line, but cannot fill in the box by pushing enter or anything, it just stays status quo with the "next" grayed out. I cannot use this program at all unless I reformat my drive with a clean install. Sort of defeats the purpose of buying this program.

7. frustrated2today

frustrated2today Registered Member

It seems that there are a lot of people that are having the same problem and the same experience when they try the solutions that are offered. I for one have had the same results as Victorian Artist. I have tried the boot cd and I can not get my mouse to work. When will some one from acronis step up and address this commen problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.