Cannot reinstall TI 7 after installing Trial TI 9.1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bjohnson, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjohnson

bjohnson Registered Member

My Windows XP had TI 7 Server installed and working fine. I installed the Trial TI 9.1 Workstation and it expired so I uninstalled it and when I reinstalled TI 7 I got the following error at the end of the install.
    "Unfortunately the program cannot continue because an error occurred"
    I have done several variations of system restores, uninstall/reinstall and even used Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. I'm about to try again in Safe Mode.
    So far no word from Acronis support. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Can you use a Windows Restore point to get back to pre install of ver 9?

3. bjohnson

I could but it would cost me weeks of work in rebuilding my software development environment. I may not be able to get Visual Studio VB6 and InterDev6 running together again if you know what I mean.

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

In that case then, you will have to go through the Registry and manually remove any reference to Acronis and True Image before reinstalling the old version. Save a copy of your Registry before attempting this and be sure you know how to restore the saved registry in case your system becomes unbootable.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello bjohnson,

Firstly, delete the contents of your "C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Local Setting\Temporary Internet Files" folder. After that, use these <Acronis Support instructions> as a guide in order to manually remove any remaining remnants of your previously uninstalled TI 9.1 WS installation.

Regards

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I certainly understand problems like that.

The next time you are about to install a new piece of software or hardware, make a TI full backup image immediately before the installation. If the install creates any problem, you can restore the image without losing anything!

After the restore, you have the option of trying the installation again (and in my experience there's a good chance the second try will be successfull) or just forgetting about the new product.

7. bjohnson

Thanks for all your replies.
    Ralphie, I have tried removing all registry entries but I may have missed one that would allow it to install correctly. If nothing else I was going to try again but be more thorough.
    Menorcaman, I am on a trip and will try your suggestions when I get back. Thanks for you suggestions.

8. bjohnson

I have followed the instructions suggested above at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=773771&postcount=8 but it did not help.
    I noticed there were errors in the C:\Windows\setupapi.log file I include below. I did find the 3 drivers and deleted them but that did not fix the install error either. Maybe someone out there may have some suggestions based on this info. Any help would be appreciated.
    I have been corresponding with TI support and I can not even begin to tell you how ridiculous those emails have become over the last 4 weeks. They obviously don't bother to read the emails because several of them suggest I do things that in my prior emails I told them I already tried. Totally incompetent and no interest in providing any real help.

Following is the data that occurred during the last install.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [2007/02/20 13:05:08 1436.2]
    #-198 Command line processed: "D:\Software\Acronis\trueimageserver7.0.638_s_en.exe"
    #E361 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\program files\common files\acronis\drivers\snapman_2k.inf" will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 1168: Element not found.
    #-024 Copying file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Drivers\snapman_2k.sys" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys".
    #E361 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Drivers\snapman_2k.sys" will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 1168: Element not found.
    [2007/02/20 13:05:12 1436.13]
    #-198 Command line processed: "D:\Software\Acronis\trueimageserver7.0.638_s_en.exe"
    #I140 Installing device class: "AcronisDevices" {1860459D-4692-4825-B761-44A725991050}.
    #I141 Class install completed with no errors.
    [2007/02/20 13:05:12 1436.15 Driver Install]
    #I063 Selected driver installs from section [TimounterInst.ntx86] in "c:\program files\common files\acronis\drivers\timounter_2k.inf".
    #I320 Class GUID of device remains: {1860459D-4692-4825-B761-44A725991050}.
    #I060 Set selected driver.
    #-166 Device install function: DIF_INSTALLDEVICE.
    #I123 Doing full install of "ROOT\ACRONISDEVICES\0000".
    #-011 Installing section [TimounterInst.ntx86] from "c:\program files\common files\acronis\drivers\timounter_2k.inf".
    #E360 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\program files\common files\acronis\drivers\timounter_2k.inf" for driver "Acronis TrueImage Backup Archive Explorer" will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 0xe000022f: The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.
    #-024 Copying file "c:\program files\common files\acronis\drivers\timntr_2k.sys" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\timntr.sys".
    #E360 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\program files\common files\acronis\drivers\timounter_2k.inf" for driver "Acronis TrueImage Backup Archive Explorer" will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 0xe000022f: The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.
    #-336 Copying file "c:\program files\common files\acronis\drivers\tifsfilt.sys" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\tifsfilt.sys" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\SET7.tmp".
    #W101 Device "ROOT\ACRONISDEVICES\0000" required reboot: one or more files were in use, or treated as in use.
    #I121 Device install of "ROOT\ACRONISDEVICES\0000" finished successfully.
    [2007/02/20 13:05:13 1436.81]
    #-166 Device install function: DIF_REMOVE.
    #I289 Removing device "ROOT\ACRONISDEVICES\0000".
    #I048 Device removed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bjohnson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request number which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. bjohnson

[Acronis #897197] Cannot reload TI 7.
    Alexey Ruslyakov emailed me the last 2 times and is suppose to meet with my Saturday using Webex meeting (remote assistance) at 2.30 p.m. EST?
    I'll post back the results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.