Cannot Regain Access to IE Internet Tools

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by keithcw, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithcw

keithcw Guest

I am running XP and SpyBlaster 2.6.1. After after applying check mark to Disable IE Internet Tools under Tools, Misc IE Settings; as expected, access to IE Internet Tools was denied. Now, I want to regain access to IE Internet Tools. I tried various approaches with NO success. I tried uncheck the cited box; rebooting; uninstalling SpyBlaster; re-installing SpyBlaster; and System Restore to earlier dates before initial SpyBlaster install; all with NO luck.
    In fact, System Restore to earlier System Checkpoints(tried 4 earlier dates before SpyBlaster install)-the System Restore failed(CANNOT do System Restore). Any suggestions?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The feature that disables access to IE > Tools > Internet Options... is not in SpywareBlaster. It's actually in Spybot S&D. (SpywareBlaster only has the option to lock the "Home page" section within IE's General settings tab.)

Take a look at this thread and the last image in it:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17397

Spybot S&D's Immunize screen is where you can turn that option back on. Clear the checkmark from the circled option on that screen.

3. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

LWM brings it home again!!!! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.