Cannot recover from DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PKlop, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PKlop

PKlop Registered Member

Using TI version 10 I created an image of the C drive of my new computer. I named the image simply C.TIB and this file was small enough to put on a DVD. When I tried to test the recovery I got the error message that the file was not a valid file (or was corrupt) but the same file stored on my hard disk was recognized as a valid file.

This is now a test but I'm doing this so I can restore my hard disk if I get a crash, so I need a separate storage device.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Peter

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

You said that you have the same file on your hard drive, so I assume you copied the C.tib file to a DVD using your burning software and did not make the image directly from TrueImage. That is the way I'd do it, but many DVD burners when operating at the maximum speed make errors.

Try burning the image to another DVD, but this time cut the recording speed to 1/2 or 1/3 the maximum speed (for a 16x burner use 8x or 6x). Then validate the image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.