Cannot Re-install ES4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Grahame, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grahame

Grahame Registered Member

Here is the text of my last request to ESET for support:

I have been using ES4 for some 6 weeks on an XP SP3 based machine.

I uninstalled my previous anti virus Zone Alarm, installed ES4 and all worked well until last week.

Start up scans began to take a long time to complete, eventually the scan being launched at random with eventually error message saying " Cannot access kernel". I had to force a system stop which caused Windows problems resulting me having to do a system restore.

ES4 will now not install. I have downloaded and used the ES4 tool and followed the instructions in the knowledge base article i.e deleting entries in Application Data files etc.

Zone Alarm does install and works fine. Uninstalling ZA using Check Point's tool set and instructions, running ES4 uninstallation tool again results in ES4 aborting installation at "Installing Drivers" then "rolling back"

This is the 3rd support request I have raised with no reply, could you please advise a solution ASAP

The ESET support form then returns the following message, I have no idea if my requests are geeting through or not.

Can anyone out there help

Cant Download File... at SharpeRAD.Core.Utils.Path.FileUtil.GetRemoteFile_Bytes(String passAbsoluteUrl)
    at SharpeRAD.Core.Mail.HtmlUtil.GetAttachmentsFromLinks(List`1 passLinks, String passUrl)
    at SharpeRAD.Protocols.Smtp.MailParser.SetHtmlUrl(EmailMessage passMessage)
    at SharpeRAD.Protocols.Smtp.MailParser.ToDataString(EmailMessage passMessage)
    at SharpeRAD.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpServer.Send(EmailMessage passMessage, EmailAddressCollection rcpttocollection, EmailAddress mailfrom)
    at SharpeRAD.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpServer.Send(EmailMessage passMessage)
    at Eset.Emails.EmailTemplate.SendEmail(EmailMessage passMessage) in C:\Projects\Eset\Emails\Content\Templates\EmailTemplate.cs:line 287
    at Eset.Emails.EmailTemplate.SendEmail(String passFrom, String passTo, String passSubject, String passReplyTo) in C:\Projects\Eset\Emails\Content\Templates\EmailTemplate.cs:line 278
    at Eset.Emails.SupportRequestEmail.Send() in C:\Projects\Eset\Emails\Eset\Types\Support\SupportRequestEmail.cs:line 159
    at Eset.Emails.EmailManager.SendEmail(String passTemplateName, Int32 passID) in C:\Projects\Eset\Emails\Manager\Core\EmailManager.cs:line 162
    at Controls_Support_Request.CreateSupportRequest()
    at Controls_Support_Request.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at SharpeRAD.Web.Controls.BaseButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at SharpeRAD.Web.Controls.BaseButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String passArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

2. msm

msm Registered Member

Had same problem (as well as others) with previous build (4.0.467).
    It turned out that INFCACHE.1 had to be deleted before a reinstall was possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.