Cannot open tib files in explorer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jordanna, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordanna

Jordanna Registered Member

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 with Acronis True Image Echo Workstation 9.5 8072

My tib files no longer seem to be associated with the Acronis tib opener feature built into windows explorer after installation of True Image. I have tried reinstalling and also other versions of True Image such as Enterprise and Home but can't get them to register with Acronis. I cannot manually associate the files as there is no program in the Acronis programs folder that is used to view tib files in explorer.

Is there any registry entry I can add so that i can open my tib files in windows explorer? It seems obvious that the associations are not registering on installation so I'm sure it can be done manually in the registry.

Thanks.

2. westmatrix

westmatrix Registered Member

use Open With...
    Browse the program you need to open it with, select it then
    make sure that Always use the selected program is ticked, click OK

You would be better of mounting the .tib files in Acronis though.

Cheers

3. Jordanna

Using 'open with' and selecting an Acronis exe file will not open the tib files within windows explorer. It just opens up the Acronis True Image program start screen.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I've got this problem with TI11 as well. It works on one machine, but no matter what I try on another machine it just won't work.

Acronis have made a number of suggestions including that it is caused because I don't install Acronis products to c:\program files - as I would prefer not to install to this location, I gave up and just mount an image instead.

I can get it to work intermittently if I uninstall, DOPUS file manager and return to using Windows Exploderer.

Colin

5. Jordanna

It might be a problem caused by Vista SP1.

6. Jordanna

Interesting, I also use DOPUS file manager on this Vista machine. I've got DOPUS on a 2k3 machine and the tib explorer function works fine there.

7. westmatrix

westmatrix Registered Member

It sounds like there is a situation with windows and the user here.
    Just load it into c:\program files and your problems should be fixed.

The other thing that it could be is permissions, let me tell you that I have played with Vista and the fact that it keeps asking for admin rights, passwords or to allow anything every time I click the damn mouse is a Vista hell problem.

Cheers

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

9. satellitboy

satellitboy Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.