Cannot login in my Lycos email account

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Sunshine803, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine803

Sunshine803 Registered Member

After installing NOD32 3.0.551.0 (on my XP SP2) I noticed that I could not log into my Lycos email account (using Firefox latest version). The User Id and Password fields just went blank, no message about invalid login. Same thing happened when I tried to log into a photo forum (DPReview). I went back to v2.7 and both worked ok. Came back to v3 and same thing happened. Has it got something to do with cookies? I did not change any settings, left everything at default. BTW, there is nowhere the user can specify what cookie control is to be applied (?).

Now I am back to the 2.7 version and everything is ok.
    I left a message on the NOD32 website but did not get a reply yet.

Has anybody else had the same or similar problem?
    Any suggestions for a solution (I hope the solution is not to disable some of its functions)

Thanks for your help

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I was able to get the login boxes at lycos.com using FireFox 2.0.0.9. However,
    many users are experiencing problems with web images not loading. Not sure if your problem is related, A fix is being worked on and should be released shortly.
    If the fix does not help, please submit a support request under Help and Support on the Main GUI.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190314

3. Sunshine803

Hi Thankful,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I get the Lycos login boxes on my screen ok. But after I enter my user-id and password and click on 'Login' the boxes blank out (ie what I entered into them disappears). Exactly the same thing happens with the login screen/boxes of the DPReview photo forum.

Best regards

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I entered a dummy username and password and received error message that account doesn't exist. However, the boxes remain. Do you have a check next to Firefox under Web Access Protection->HTTP->Web Browsers?

5. Sunshine803

I had the same result both with Firefox checked and unchecked.
    Is it supposed to be checked? I could not figure it out.
    Please advise what action NOD32 takes when it is checked and when it is not.
    Thanks for your time

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

It definitely should be checked. That allows to NOD32 to scan all traffic that comes across your browser. Until a more permanent solution exists, if you feel Lycos is safe, you could add it to the exclusion list Web Access protection->HTTP->Excluded Addresses.

7. Sunshine803

Thanks for all info.
    I'll play around with it but not with the current version. I'll wait until they fix some of the problems I read in this forum. Version 2.7 is such a smooth program that served me very well. I love the blue eye that comes up too, as opposed to the constipated-looking robot that replaced it... LOL

Thanks ever so much for your help

8. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

You are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.