Cannot Install NOD32 v6.0.306.0 64bit

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by subyroo, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subyroo

subyroo Registered Member

Windows 7 64bit SP1
    NOD32 v5.2.9.1
    Malwarebytes v1.70.0.1100

I tried to uninstall NOD32 v5.2.9.1 and do a fresh installation of NOD32 v6.0.306.0 64bit but it refuses to install and I get an error about needing to install as an administrator. I log in as Administrator and I still cannot install NOD32 v6.0.

Then when I select "cancel" and the program reverses the installation NOD32 v5.2.9.1 is corrupted and I have to OK 54 of these screens:

http://i.imgur.com/3y0kW.jpg

then I have to Repair NOD32 v5.2.9.1 before it will work again.

I have also tried to install over the top of v5.2.9.1 but I still get the same problem.

Anybody have an idea on what is going wrong?

2. er34

er34 Guest

All you have to do is to visit ESET's KB site (or search in search engine), download ESET Uninstaller tool, save it somewhere, then reboot in Safe Mode, run the utility to completely remove your current ESET version, reboot back to Normal mode and install the newest version 6.

Prior to that you can save your configuration (settings) by exporting them into XML file.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Somebody has mentioned that MBAM causes problems when upgrading from v5 to v6. I've tried to reproduce it with a trial version of MBAM Pro but didn't encounter any issues and installation went fine. Nevertheless, try uninstalling MBAM temporarily, then try to upgrade ESS to v6.

4. subyroo

subyroo Registered Member

Thankyou Marcos, following your advice above Re: MBAM allowed me to install v6.0.306.0 over my v5.2.9.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.