Cannot Find Serial No. After Latest Update

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robertach, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertach

robertach Registered Member

Hi,
    Just updated to Build 3277(??) and now the program won't launch and I get the Error Message:
    "True Image Home can't find proper serial no. You should reinstall the product"

This should not have happened. What's the fix? I guess I will have to reinstall and loose all the backups I have done for the past year.

Bob :mad:

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You shouldn't lose any backups with a reinstal, even if you uninstal the existing installation first. You might have to rebuild scheduled tasks.

3. robertach

Hi,
    I did a reinstall and the program started up fine but won't create a boot CD as it doesn't recognize the Panasonic CD/DVD drive now. (Drive is recognized in Windows Explorer)
    Downloaded the latest build 3677 (wrong number in my post above) that I am entitled to, reinstalled it and still get the same ERROR msg.
    Not sure where to go from here.....

Bob

4. robertach

Hi,
    OK, I uninstalled T.I. 9.0 and reinstalled the Update 3677 and it is now working however I am getting an Error message which says the device is in use when trying to create a boot CD to the CD/DVD drive.

I have traced this to a conflict with Roxio Easy Media Creator which has a "Drag to Disk" window on my desktop so it appears Roxio has control of all drives on this computer. I am not sure how to overcome this problem.

Bob

5. jc836

jc836 Registered Member

The Roxio DLA or Drag to Disk program is a known issue for many programs. If you do not really need the feature-remove it. The only problem I have had with this approach is that Quicken prefers to have DLA or InCD, but will run without either of them. Conflicts have to be balanced out. :D

6. robertach

Ok, I was able to make the Bootable CD on my external CD/DVD drive and it will boot the computer up using the internal CD/DVD drive, so all is well.

I apprecaite the comfirmation that Roxio does conflict with other programs. It is pretty invasive. Thanks for the help.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.