Cannot Find Serial No. After Latest Update

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robertach, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertach

robertach Registered Member

Hi,
    Just updated to Build 3277(??) and now the program won't launch and I get the Error Message:
    "True Image Home can't find proper serial no. You should reinstall the product"

This should not have happened. What's the fix? I guess I will have to reinstall and loose all the backups I have done for the past year.

Bob :mad:

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You shouldn't lose any backups with a reinstal, even if you uninstal the existing installation first. You might have to rebuild scheduled tasks.

3. robertach

Hi,
    I did a reinstall and the program started up fine but won't create a boot CD as it doesn't recognize the Panasonic CD/DVD drive now. (Drive is recognized in Windows Explorer)
    Downloaded the latest build 3677 (wrong number in my post above) that I am entitled to, reinstalled it and still get the same ERROR msg.
    Not sure where to go from here.....

Bob

4. robertach

Hi,
    OK, I uninstalled T.I. 9.0 and reinstalled the Update 3677 and it is now working however I am getting an Error message which says the device is in use when trying to create a boot CD to the CD/DVD drive.

I have traced this to a conflict with Roxio Easy Media Creator which has a "Drag to Disk" window on my desktop so it appears Roxio has control of all drives on this computer. I am not sure how to overcome this problem.

Bob

5. jc836

jc836 Registered Member

The Roxio DLA or Drag to Disk program is a known issue for many programs. If you do not really need the feature-remove it. The only problem I have had with this approach is that Quicken prefers to have DLA or InCD, but will run without either of them. Conflicts have to be balanced out. :D

6. robertach

Ok, I was able to make the Bootable CD on my external CD/DVD drive and it will boot the computer up using the internal CD/DVD drive, so all is well.

I apprecaite the comfirmation that Roxio does conflict with other programs. It is pretty invasive. Thanks for the help.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.