Cannot Explore My Images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AngelImage, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: can not explore image

Hello Joshua,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please verify the image archive by means of the Check Image tool. Then if the image is ok, please send the screenshot of the latest window of the image mounting wizard (with the summary of the operation) to support@acronis.com along with the link to your post. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

2. I am using Acronis True Image 8.0.1143
    Since this version all partitions in an image will be mounted, even when i uncheck some partitions. This is not a real problem if all partitions are readable by Windows. But when a ext2, ReiserFS or DELL diagnostics partitions is in the image TI comes with an error and quits mounting. I really need some files from my image and I do not want to clean an other computer to restore the image to get my files.
    Any workaround for this?

3. Joshua

Joshua Guest

I install the new version 8.0.859 of Acronis True Image and have still the problem. My Operating System is WinXP Pro SP2. Please fix this bug.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Joshua,

Please send the screenshot of the latest window of the image mounting wizard (with the summary of the operation) to support@acronis.com and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Irina Shirokova.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Acronis Support

Hello Martijn Zeedijk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. Acronis program is not able to mount Linux EXT2, EXT3 or ReiserFS filesystem under Windows now, but Our Development Team is working on this option and we plan to implement this feature in the future.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

859 and 1143 versions have bad mounting anyway. We'll have to wait for new builds

7. Acronis Support

Hello Tonio,

I have contacted Acronis Development Team and the problem with Acronis True Image mounting all partitions in the image instead of chosen ones is already solved. The fix will be implemented in future builds.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Lol,

Your answer was exactly the same think I was asking. Ofcourse I understand that it is not possible to mount Linux partitions under windows; Windows wouldn't understand the allocation tables and security model of the filesystems.
    The problem that I am talking about is that the latest version of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation (build 1143) is trying to mount all partitions in an image whether I selected them or not.

Martijn Zeedijk

Martijn Zeedijk.

9. Acronis Support

Hello Martijn,

The problem you refer to is already solved and the fix will be implemented in the next build of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server and Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation. Please accept our apologies for temporary inconviniences.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. TonioRoffo

Wow, that means ext2, ext3 and reiserFS read-only filesystems need to be implemented in Windows.

It *would* be nice as addition to the linux TI, where single file recovery is impossible up to date.

Now you could mount the linux backup somewhere on a windows machine and copy back to the linux machine.

11. Acronis Support

Hello Tonio,

Probably, I was a little bit vague in my previous post. I mean that the problem with mounting all partitions instead of chosen ones is fixed. However, it is impossible to mount Linux partitions (such as Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS) under Windows because Windows will not be able to work with them.

Also please note that Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Linux allows you to mount images using the command trueimagemnt.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

12. TonioRoffo

Thanks for the info Ilya, last time I checked TI for Linux was 7.0, must've overlooked that one.

I'll check it out, and I'm looking forward to the new builds

13. TonioRoffo

Ilya, FYI,

I was checking out TI 8 for Linux a while ago. I even ran it on a Fedora system for testing.

*nowhere* in the manual there is a reference to trueimagemnt.

Because it wasn't there, I've told a few of my clients not to bother with this program, as it didn't allow single file restores (imho)

The documentation should be improved, and the website altered to reflect this information. You've lost a few sales due to this oversight.

Who knows how many others didn't know... Googling for trueimagemnt returns a handful of hits... You have a good product, now sell it using good documentation!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.