Cannot explore image - ATI8 Enterprise on Windows 2k3 server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wdormann, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

I sent a message to support@acronis.com, but I figured I'd check with people here too.

I'm having trouble mounting an image with ATI 8 Enterprise Server on Windows Server 2003. ATI says that it mounted the image successfully, but the drive letter does not exist after that has completed. I cannot access that drive letter via Start->Run, or from the CMD prompt.

Has anybody else run into this sort of issue?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wdormann,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/).

Do you see the new drive in the "My Computer" or in the "Disk Management" ("Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Computer Management")? It should be assigned the letter you have chose when clicked the "Explore Image" button.

--
    Ilya Toytman

3. wdormann

The new drive letter does appear, but it has no label next to it (like the other drive letters do). And the icon has a red 'X' through it. When I click on it, it says the drive is not available.

I do not have access to the machine right now, but I can check the Disk Management status on Monday.

The Event Viewer shows no relevant errors. ATI thinks that it assigned the letter fine, but something is not copacetic on the Windows end of things. It is a pretty standard Windows Server 2003 installation. Testing the same software on Win2k or WinXP gives no problem.

4. wdormann

OK, I've got some good info about this.
    After mounting the drive, it does appear in the Disk Management screen. But there is no drive letter assigned to it. If I right-click the drive and tell it to manually assign a drive letter, it does work and I can access the files.

http://cis.ysu.edu/~wdormann/ati3.png

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wdormann,

It seems that there is some problem in compatibility with Windows 2003. We will try to reproduce the problem in our testing lab.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

6. howard s.

howard s. Guest

Are you running Service Pack 1 RC?
    If so, then that's where your issue lies as image mounting and associated drive letter assignment works just fine with Acronis Enterprise Server and Windows 2003 without the Service Pack.

7. wdormann

No, this is not SP1

It is: Version 5.2 (Build 3790.srv03_gdr.040410-1234)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.