Cannot Enter Shadow Mode - Shadow Defender

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TerryWood, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

I posted in SD forum but there does not seem to be any activity so I wonder if any SD users can help me please

I am trialling latest version Shadow Defender ....320. I am using Win XP SP3.

When I click on mode setting it shows 3 shields in yellow for a) c drive b) F drive (Flash Drive) c) H drive (External Hard)

Sometimes these are all ticked if they are I untick all but the c drive, then click on Enter Shadow Mode after which a box pops up with some activity Then another which says Operation Completed. However there is no Shadow Mode Logo showing at the top of the page and the C drive shield remains yellow. In other words it is not in Shadow mode.

Sometimes if I repeat the foregoing several times I can get it to go into Shadow Mode, but more often than not it won't

I have reinstalled it countless times, Any ideas what I am doing wrong or is it a known problem?

Thank you

Terry

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I haven't seen this problem, but I'd email Tony at the support address as well as posting in the forum

Pete

3. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I dont know if this is any help, but have you tried installing as administrator, run as administrator?

4. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You're not running Panda Cloud Antivirus by any chance are you? I saw this behaviour when I was trialling Panda.

It seems to happen when an application is holding on to some files on a partition that you want to protect. In the case of Panda, the solution was to disable real-time AV protection before enabling Shadow Mode then enable it again afterwards.

I don't know if this is the same as your problem, but it may help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.