cannot download product

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Neo_Angelo, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo_Angelo

Neo_Angelo Registered Member

Hello there, i recently purchased a 2 year liscense for the nod32 security and anti-virus, firstly i have a question, whats the difference between the Nod32 Anti-virus download and the Nod32 security center? does the security center have the anti-virus built in?

secondly when i go to the downloads page and select the v4 security download it takes me to the username and password pop up for authentication, i enter my details i got sent in the E-mail and when i press OK it pops up again and i have to re-enter, everytime i do this it pops up again asking for my username and password and no matter what i do it won't take me to the downloads page so i can actually download it. i've tried to download it on multiple PC's to see if i can actually get to the downloads and everytime i do it keeps asking me for my username and password.

any ideas on what the problem could be and how to fix it. I use Nod32 on my other PC but the new liscence is for another one.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. MathewG

MathewG Former ESET Support Rep

Hello Neo_Angelo,

One of ESET's later versions (version 2.7) contained a Control Center. This Control Center carried over to it's later version (versions 3.0 and 4.0), but due to upgrades to the graphical user interface, you will not see a Control Center. Everything associated with the Control Center is now running in the background in versions 3.0 and 4.0.

When entering you username and password when trying to download your ESET program and you are constantly being asked for the username and password could be one of two things:

1) You may be entering the username and password incorrectly. The username and password are both case sensitive and you also need to enter the (-) between the "V" and the first number of your username.

2) You may be attempting to download the wrong program. If you purchased a NOD32 license and you try to use that username and password to download ESET Smart Security, you will be asked again and again to enter your username and password. Ensure that you are downloading the correct ESET product according to your license purchased.

3. kwg

kwg Registered Member

ESET Smart Security (ESS) includes all of the features of ESET NOD32 Anti-Virus. ESS adds some firewall functionality to the basic NOD32 package.

4. MathewG

MathewG Former ESET Support Rep

That is correct, ESET NOD32 Antivirus is the stand alone antivirus program. ESET Smart Security utilizes the same antivirus program as ESET NOD32 Antivirus but also includes a dual firewall and an anti-spam module for your e-mail. I apologize for the last post as I was somewhat confused about the question being asked. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.