Cannot create the image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kayle216, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayle216

Kayle216 Registered Member

Couple of issues going on here. First, I keep receiving an error in TI 8.0 build 763 stating it cannot create the image due to files being used, etc. I have ran chkdsk /r on the disk, and still have problems. Also have shut down antivirus software as well. I formatted a DVD-RW using Roxio Drag-to-Disc. Still receive the errors. After receiving the error message and closing out of TI, I receive memory reference errors as well. Any suggestions?

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

First of all, you should be runing the latest build (771)

Also, the Roxio software seems to be a common thread with the people having trouble. I have abandoned Roxio for software that actually works well. (Nero)

3. Kayle216

Kayle216 Registered Member

Upgrading did not work as well. Same symptoms.

4. marhil

marhil Guest

I get the error message that image cannot be created due to other files in use.....etc. . Here is what works for me all the time: I exit Windows XP then
    re-boot with True Image boot disk and create image running under True Image boot disk. I have never been able to create an image while running
    in Windows XP.

5. acronis1

acronis1 Registered Member

I have same problem on a laptop with TI 8.0 (build 771) installed where there is only a drive C:\ and TI full image starts but soon reports "there are open files or files in use on C:\" and it aborts the job

have not been able to figure out what it means as the laptop is not running any virus apps and same image creation worked on a desktop XP system

the only difference on the two systems was that the desktop image went to a network server and on the laptop I had connected an iomega zip (USB 2) 40gb drive which was mapped as my U:\ drive

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kayle216,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

We recommend you to update your product at http://www.acronis.com/support/updates/ first when you experience such problems. This problem requires additional investigation.

If it doesn't hael please contact support@acronis.com. Also you can PM me and provide me with your email address in order to speed up the process of answering you via support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

Thread Status: