Cannot create SZ on selected drive, ATI Home 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by UKI, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKI

UKI Registered Member

I have successfully created a full backup with ATI 9.0 home on my external USB drive, but cannot create at Secure Zone on the internal drive (C-drive, 172 GB free space, active primary partition). The error message displayed is "Acronis True Image was not able to create Secure Zone on the selected drive.". In Manage Acronis Secure Zone, the drive is now grayed out and available space indicated with zero, although the 172 GB are available in Explorer, as before the backup on the external drive. Why is ATI telling me it cannot create the SZ on the drive?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello UKI,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please try to create Acronis Secure Zone while booting from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media created with the latest build.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. UKI

UKI Registered Member

Thanks for your detailed reply, Kirill.

My version is the trial version build 2, 337 which I downloaded April 9 (trueimage9.0_d_en.exe, 38mb). I now see that the following day a new version was put on the Acronis website which is almost twice as large. What caused such a huge increase from one build to the next? Can I just install over the previous build?

Why would I need to install drivers separately after downloading 78mb of the latest software? Wouldn't they already be included in the latest build?

Thanks,

UKI

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello UKI,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please take a look at previous post of mine in order to clarify this question.

Yes, you can install the latest build over the previous one.

If you install the latest build and the problem still persists, we recommend you to reinstall Acronis drivers in order to make sure that they have been installed correctly on your computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.