Cannot create secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cadxp, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadxp

cadxp Registered Member

Hi,

I cannot create the secure zone because my hard drive seems to have "bad blocks". Well, I never realized that and even chkdsk does not know about it... is it a joke or did I really throw out 50€ out of the window? :'(

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Google 'disk repair' and see if anyone of the programs resolves your problem with the disk.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cadxp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that if there is no unallocated space on your hard drive then the only way to create Acronis Secure Zone is to resize one of the already existing partitions to obtain the free space required for Acronis Secure Zone creation. However, none of Acronis products allows resizing partitions with bad blocks as it might result in a complete data loss.

If you believe that there are no bad blocks on your hard drive and Acronis True Image complains about them mistakenly then, first of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3666) of the respective Acronis True Image version available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3633.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem persists with the latest build (3666) of the respective Acronis True Image version then please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drive and installing the update then please try to create Acronis Secure Zone when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created with the latest build (3666) of the respective Acronis True Image version.

If that does not help either then please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the report.txt file collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. kyeongsoo

kyeongsoo Registered Member

cadxp, you're not alone; I have exactly the same problem with True Image Home 9.0 (build 3,677, the latest one)!

In fact, in addition to "chkdsk /r" suggested above, I did reformatting and low-level checking with a diagnostics program provided by HDD vendor, which proves the partition where I tried to create a secure zone is ok, but it didn't help.

Today, I'll try the whole procedure again, but low-level formatting the whole disk first with the program from the HDD vendor, and let you and others know the result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.