Cannot create Secure Zone partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hanker65, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanker65

Hanker65 Registered Member

I have successfully created a Secure Zone on my old computer. However, while in the process of establishing my new computer, I find that I cannot create a Secure Zone using True Image 8,build 937.

When it is in operation 1 of 3 (resizing the partition) from 37GB to 27GB, an error is listed as follows:

Error:unable to write disk 1, sector 0.
    Retry, Ignore, ignore All

Subsequently afet re-boot to Windows, I get another error message, stating:
    Failed to create Acronis Secure Zone

Thanks for your replies.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hanker65,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and try to create Acronis Secure Zone within Windows.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. Hanker65

Thank you Tatyana for the reply. I believe that I have found the solution. I was able to create the partition after disabling Norton Go Back. I'm not sure if this is covered in the True Image instruction manual, but if not, this should be added.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Hanker65,

See True Image 8.0 User's Guide, Chapter 11.2 (Frequently asked questions) under Roxio GoBack.

Also covered in greater detail in <Acronis True Image Online FAQ #29> i.e.

Regards

5. Hanker65

Hello Menorcaman

Thanks for the reply.
    The FAQ #29 does answer the about Go Back (when managing a Secure Zone), but does so for True Image 9.0. I have 8.0. Section 11.2 of the manual does not stipulate anything about Roxio Go Back when managing a Secure Zone (in my case, creating it).

My suggestion that the instruction manual should have covered this, still stands.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi again Hanker65,

I'm not sure which TI 8 User Guide you have but the following is an extract from Section 11.2, Page 61 of the current version:

I agree that it doesn't mention the SZ specifically but I would have thought the statement is sufficient to cover all activities that are carried out from the bootable rescue CD.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.