Cannot create image of OS partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by esmo, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esmo

esmo Registered Member

Using XP Pro SP2 and TI V.6. When I try to create an image of my c: drive which contains my OS,I tet a message saying".....cannot create image of the logical drive C: because it is currently in use by running applications or it contains bad sectors". There are no bad sectors and using task manager I closed down all running applications which showed there. I have no trouble making images of any of my other partitions. Anybody have a solution for me? Thanks. Esmo

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Probably a Windows "service" (rather than an application) that's holding on to your system partition. You could try to identify which Windows service is causing the problem. However, the simplest solution would be to boot from the bootable rescue CD and create your image from outside the Windows environment.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Esmo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please try the following workaround:
    - Open "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> Computer Management" -> "Disk Management";
    - Close the "Computer Management" window and try to use Acronis True Image once again.

If the problem still persists please create Acronis Report and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for details). This will help us to solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.