Cannot create bootable media builder cd

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by charliej5, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliej5

charliej5 Registered Member

I am registered for Acronis Disk Director V9.0, build 538 and Acronis True Image V9.0, build 2337.

I am unable to create a bootable media builder cd, but using the exact same procedure can create a True Image Rescue Disk.

When I try to create the DD disk, it appears to do so, congratulates me, and when I try using it, it fails. Looking at the disk with Windows Explorer does not appear to have any files on it. However, if I try to copy some other file onto the disk, Windows rejects the attempt.

If anyone of you guys can help, I will be most appreciative.

Charlie

2. EdWh

EdWh Registered Member

Hi CharlieJ5

Do not know if this will help you but I just created the media CD bootable for True Home 10.0 and Disk Dir. 10.0. First you need to download the PDF files for one or both and I printed out both. Following instructions, since I have both programs on my computer. I opened the bootable media creator and it showed both programs and I checked marked both and followed the instructions on the screen and created a file on my desktop called "AcronisIsofile" and let the program copy the files for the Iso there. I used Nero Iso burner to burn to the CD and after it was complete booted it and it did boot properly, although it would only boot by my burner not the cdrom. But no matter as long as it works, which it did. I do not use the recovery disk as I cloned my Hdd to another drive so if one fails I just fire up the other and reclone over the old drive, works great and the nice part is if you wish and you have a extra drive or two, clone and put away for a rainy day. So you know I ordered the CD as it is supposed to have a bootable stand alone seperate program but it does not, I had to create one. So $12.00 down the drain. Seems Acronis does not keep their word in their manual or advertizing on this. Edwh

3. charliej5

charliej5 Registered Member

Edwin:

Many thanks for sharing your experiences.

My problem is solved now after a friend suggested that I disable (turn off) Norton GoBack. Once I did this, the media creation worked perfectly.

I knew to disable GoBack prior to a restoration using True Image, and now I know about Disk Director.

I guess the long and short moral of my problems is: Do not allow True Image and Disk Director to coexist with Norton's GoBack.

Many thanks for your response.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.