Cannot create Acronis Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bigliam1970, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigliam1970

bigliam1970 Registered Member

Hi guys.

Twice now I have tried to install ATI home version 9 on two different computers and it has failed to create a secure zone.

Both machines running fully updated xp sp2.

At the point that I have tried to create a secure zone, the OS has rebooted, gone through the partition creation and restarted the OS. Once back in XP, disk management shows no signs of the secure zone at all, even though it has apparently completed successfully. ATI will then list the secure zone as available when launching a back-up only for it then to give me an error message and the back-up comes to a halt.

Anyone else experienced this?? Anyone have any advice for me??

Thanks in advance guys..

Big Liam :)

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Well, you asked for advice :D ... don't use the SZ. Use another hard drive instead, either internal or external. You'll be better off in the long run.

3. bigliam1970

Not a practical option when I am recommending this product to customers.

Can anyone else be a little more constructive??

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

For more information about the use or non-use of the Acronis Secure Zone & Startup Recovery Manager, click on the Useful Forum Threads in my signature below. Near the bottom of that thread, click on the topic: "Acronis Secure Zone & Startup Recovery Manager".

5. bigliam1970

Thanks for your reply Grover but there is nothing in the thread you pointed me towards that answers my original question of ATI 9 not being able to create a secure zone, only some discussion on why it should be used in the first place.

Still looking for help guys..

Big Liam :)

6. bigliam1970

Anyone out there that can help me pretty please with a cherry on top..!

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bigliam1970,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please be more specific and let us know the exact error message you have received and when exactly you received it? Please create a screen shot of the error message, if possible.

We would also recommend that you sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. You can find the build number in the Help -> About dialog. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build of the program, boot your computer from this CD and try to create Acronis Secure Zone, let us know the results.

If you already using the latest build and Acronis Secure Zone still cannot be created both when using Acronis True Image under Windows and when booting from Bootable CD, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.