Cannot create a partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by dkjordan, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkjordan

dkjordan Registered Member

I just installed Disk Director 10.0 and am simply trying to create a new logical partition...I have 220GB of free space on my Primary Partition C:\drive. I go to Create Partition, and go through the wizard, after I have properly sized my new partition it of course requires a reboot of the PC, which I do...then it starts after the Windows splash screen to work, however, it does just a few little things, like syncing with the OS then reboots to my desktop with no changes...I akm stumped here and need some help...remember this is all done with the basic wizard in creating a partition...I walk through all the steps carefully then it requires the reboot and nothing really is happening...please help me!

Dave

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Dave:

You will have better luck if you do this operation when Windows is not running. If you haven't done so already, use the Bootable Media Builder application on the Disk Director menu to create a bootable CD or USB flash drive. Boot your PC with the bootable media and try again. If you have a boxed version of DD then the CD itself should be bootable.

It is also helpful to verify that you are using the latest build of DD (build 2160) on the Help/About menu. Later builds have newer hardware drivers, so if you have a build earlier than 2160, log into your account on the Acronis web site and download build 2160 before creating the bootable CD.

Once you have partitioned your disk from the boot environment you should be able to do further partitioning while Windows is running, provided that you aren't doing an operation that affects the system partition. These are always best to do in the boot environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.