Cannot copy windows to back-up hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by djdoc, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djdoc

djdoc Registered Member

I have 2 hard drives. I can easily make duplicate copies of windows partitions on my master drive. But when I try to copy one onto my back-up drive I get the following message when I re-boot.

"Enter the name of the Command Interpreter (e.g. C\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM)"

I then have to use the bootable Acronis Disk Director to clear/unallocate my back-up drive so that I can access the computer again.

To simplify it, I cannot copy windows from my master hard drive to my backup drive using the Disk Director. I know it works because I was able to do it once, and only once. I tried re-format and scandisk on my back-up to clear up anything that might be corrupted. Still no luck. o_O

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  2. djdoc

djdoc Registered Member

Found solution. Copied partition to back-up hard drive as a primary instead of logical. I could then boot both partitions. However they exchanged data.
    If i put something on one partition it would automatically transfer to the other.

To fix this, I changed the partition on back-up drive to logical. Bingo, it worked. I can boot the drive and it doesn't exchange data.

Sounds logical to me, no pun intended. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.