Cannot connect to the internet

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by almirena, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almirena

almirena Registered Member

Hello - I hope this is the right place to post this.

I have a new computer (I've had it for about 4 days). I'd just purchased and downloaded NOD32, and installed it on the computer. O/S Win XP, connected to the internet via being plugged in to the router. Connectivity was fine.

Immediately after installing NOD32, my connectivity was lost.

I cannot connect to the internet by browser (Firefox). I can't connect to get my emails (Thunderbird). I tried disabling NOD32 - still no connectivity.

(I'm posting this from my old Win98-using computer which is still connected to the internet via the same router.)

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

There is one possibility that stirs uneasily in my mind. The guy who set up my computer installed Window Washer on it. Is that likely to be a problem?

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Do you use a software firewall? and if so, look if it allows NOD32 to access the internet. All applications flow threw ekrn.exe now for scanning so it has to be allowed in the firewall.

3. almirena

almirena Registered Member

Thank you - that's fixed the problem.

Thank you for the fast and accurate response - I truly appreciate it.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

With Windows Vista SP2 or newer OS, http/pop3 traffic is no longer routed through ekrn.exe for scanning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.